Notes

My first post on tumblr! It's the drafted sequel to 'Bargain' for Giotto x Haru that I didn't like how it turned out. I know a few were curious and now I finally have a platform to post my incompleted or 'drafted/discarded' work! :) Hopefully I'll have time to post other incompleted work or any work that I have written, but didn't have any plans on actually posting on my blog.

As for my current WIP, I'm currently working on Ambigram!

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Endless - Prologue

Summary: Curiosity wasn't a sin. It was just a need to know, to satisfy a thirst for knowledge and comprehension. But for them, for these Creators, it was the darkest and blackest sin of all.

Everything here belongs to me. Please do not steal. If you wish to borrow, tell me~!



Prologue

B. O. Heart



Honey brown eyes stared curiously at the small boy poking at the ground with a stick. Her small hands clung to the large oak tree she hid behind. Locks of her golden blonde hair curled over her face, shielding bits of her from the boy below the hill she stood on.

But the sun was against her, lying proudly and strong behind her. Mingled shadows of tree and girl made its way to the boy whose face slightly scrunched up when he noticed how the nearby tree didn’t look right. Confused, he stilled from his place, the stick remained stabbed into the ground.

When he realized that there was actually someone there with him, he seemed to freeze even more. The girl tried her best to melt into the tree when she sensed his fear.

No, no, no!

She didn’t want him to fear her.

Anxiety and shyness overwhelmed her, causing small incoherent sounds to escape from her throat. The sound grew in number when the boy gathered the courage to face his intruder.

His movement was swift and her choke was deafening.

She felt blinded by his flaming red hair, the dark freckles that dotted his pale face.

The standstill seemed to last so long.

The heat of the sun burned her back, piercing through the thin white dress made of cotton.

Bu still, she could not turn away.

She felt trapped.

Caught.

Helpless.

It didn’t feel fair.

Why was she the one caught in the ugly side of this war?

And then he smiled.

It was a sweet childish smile that almost brought tears of relief to her eyes. Her tiny body sagged and she couldn’t stop the smile that lighted up on her face.

It was alright.

They were alright.

“Naughty little godling, your naivety will be the end of you.”

The deep tenor.

That lilt purr.

The cold sweat barely began to gather when a hand roughly grabbed the top of her head. She almost shrieked, but her eyes caught a glimpse of the red haired boy.

The disappearance of the delight.

The blooming of the wrong.

“Poor, poor Creator.” He continued to tease, jerking her back roughly until she collided painfully against him. No sound left her for her eyes remained transfixed on the boy. He easily ignored this, instead grabbing her chin and forcing her to steady her face, to watch the boy carefully. “Trying to touch what she cannot.”

She could not speak.

She could not even cry.

Why were they here?

How did he-?

“You are young, you are dumb.” He said in a sing-song voice. “Let me educate you, little one, in that you cannot run.”

There was a loud bone-cracking snap and a scream of desperation and horror.

He sighed dramatically and held the limp girl by the head with one hand. Moving ever so slowly, his glowing gold eyes turned to the little boy who had fallen to the floor, tears of terror flowing with no inhibition down his face.

The child shook so hard that he could hear the chatter of teeth. He did not bother to hide his irritant growl and ran a clawed hand roughly through his shaggy black hair. A slight jingle was heard as he jostled the silver metallic band strapped tightly to his neck.

“Take care of that, would you?”

The red haired child was only given the time to turn around when a hand slammed over his face, smothering his mouth and nose, dragging him into the mindless dark. 





AN: As stated, Endless is a whole grip of drabbles. Kind of like those collection of oneshots you can find on fanfiction. Some of those oneshots are connected to one another or they're independent from each other. Endless is a connection of drabbles. They will consist of the same characters most of the time that all exist in the same world. Maybe it'll border PWP (Plot? What Plot?) sometimes, but who knows, there might actually be a reason for this madness.


3 comments:

  1. hmmm....interesting....

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is really interesting, though I'm a little confused ... the boy the creator was watching is killed by another guy(evil guy) ?
    love your story !!!
    I've followed you here from fanfiction ^^
    this is good, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOw, this is actually interesting. Funny, that I can't really notice that you really have an original story. Hehehe, perhaps I am not intelligent towards searching, eh? Oh well, at least I am getting used to this blogspot. And better yet, I should create one so I can properly introduce myself as your reader then. (not some kind of an anonymous person who doesn't want to talk to you or something. Heh)

    Anyway, the first thing that came to me is that this one is pretty good. Actually, it is a good story even if you considered it a PWP. If this is a collection of different characters' point of view then perhaps we can point out a plot in it. Hmmm... it can be considered a mystery story (I don't know the right term for this but it's a type of plot where readers are the detectives who will discover the answers rather than the story showing it instead.) and I bet that will be interesting if that happens. It will be like a poem or something.

    Well anyway, seeing that the prologue is shown by the point of view of female "Creator", I find the story intriguing. I can't picture the "Creator" in my head. So I can't say anything about her. But for some strange reason, the red haired boy tat I picture is actually funny. Why the heck am I imagining an evil Chuckie (that doll thing) when he spoke to the "creator"? I am getting delusional or what? Oh well, at least I can imagine the red haired boy (a creepy imagination).

    Anyway, this story is interesting. Keep it up! Although I am usually impatient but somehow I enjoyed reading this type of stories (and I reckon that this will also be a dark story,huh?)

    ReplyDelete