Notes

My first post on tumblr! It's the drafted sequel to 'Bargain' for Giotto x Haru that I didn't like how it turned out. I know a few were curious and now I finally have a platform to post my incompleted or 'drafted/discarded' work! :) Hopefully I'll have time to post other incompleted work or any work that I have written, but didn't have any plans on actually posting on my blog.

As for my current WIP, I'm currently working on Ambigram!

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Genesis - Katekyo Hitman Reborn - Chapter 14

Summary: There was a reason why Reborn got Haru involved with the Mafia. Even if she was useless to them in fights and even if she couldn't provide as much emotional strength as Kyoko, she was vital and without her, there would just be no Vongola. G86/GiottoHaru

My lack of KHR knowledge might make some things untrue or some characters OOC!


I don't own Katekyo Hitman Reborn!


Please forgive any mistakes, both character-wise and grammatically-wise. I don't have time to re-read or edit things.



Genesis: Chapter 14

HappyFace1886



Haru giggled at the pout on Giotto’s face as he sulked on top of one of the boulders. He hadn’t taken well to the idea that he had lost the game, even if he had figured out who it was that she was thinking of. At first, he had tried feebly to argue against her, but in the end, had ended up reluctantly agreeing to her victor.


And now, she was allowed one favor from him.

It was hard to think of something since, honestly, there was nothing that she wanted from him. She didn’t want to force him to tell his past and she didn’t want to taint their innocent game by bringing that problem into it. Haru was determined to keep serious topics and their fun moments separate.

So what could she make him do?

She looked upward contemplatively and her eyes widened with delight. “Hahi, the trees are changing color!”

Giotto looked up curiously and saw that she was staring at the tall trees where the normally green colored leaves were slightly turning yellow. The summer air had lately been cooling, but not to the point that it was chilly.

An unreadable look filled his eyes.

Fall was coming.

He heard the sound of Haru trying to climb up the boulder and tried to wipe away his previous expression, reaching down to help her up. She stumbled forward clumsily and fell into his arms. There was a squeak from her as she landed on him and when he felt her weight on his lap, he tightened his grip around her without thinking.

Giotto froze briefly in surprise and then relished the feel of her comforting presence. He buried his face into her hair, wanting to hide away from the changing seasons. The cold would come and the frigid season was something he always dreaded. Nothing good ever came with the snow.

Haru squirmed a bit on top of him, but didn’t fight against him since it didn’t look like he was going to let go of her anytime soon. “G-Giotto-sama?”

“It’s going to get cold,” he whispered.

“Ah, the weather isn’t that cold yet,” Haru exclaimed, her face flushed for reasons she knew shouldn’t bother her anymore. For goodness sake, these two shared the same bath tub together and even the same bed! He cuddled against her in said bed too! She shouldn’t be bothered by the fact that she was sitting on his lap and that she could feel his breath brushing against her nape. “In fact, I’m... erm... pretty warm right now.”

Hahi, did this mean that at night he was going to be even clingier? She had just barely been able to get used to how he’d hold her so tightly at night! How was she going to survive the colder seasons if he tangled their limbs up even more?

“With fall come changes,” he whispered and Haru shivered at how his hot breath danced on her delicate skin. “The leaves will change color and bring people into a false sense of security with their vibrant shades. The weather will cool enough to relieve people of the summer heat... but then comes winter.”

One of his hands trailed upwards, his fingers tracing up her bare arm and up her neck until it was tangled in her hair. Did Giotto-sama even understand how intimate his touches were? It felt like he was doing it for comfort, as if by doing this, he would be able to relax. The tension that had been in his muscles when she had first fallen on him seemed to melt away with each caress he made on her skin.

The way he touched her made Haru quiver, her breath hitched at the almost ticklish touches.

“We lose so much with the merciless cold,” he spoke and tightened his grip on her hair, as if to emphasis what could be lost. “Winter takes without hesitation... depleting people of everything until nothing is left but the cold.”

“But Giotto-sama,” she whispered breathlessly, turning to look at him. They were now so close together, their faces inches apart from each other. She felt his breath brushing against her lips and the blush on her face deepened, her eyes glazed as they stared deep into those dark two-toned eyes. “When winter comes, there’s spring to think of.”

What was this hold he seemed to have on her?

With any other guy, she would have shrieked and pulled away, saying things were moving too fast and this was too embarrassing.

But with him, with Giotto-sama, she allowed him to get away with so much.

Was it really just the innocent touches of a boy her age with a childish mindset?

It did seem like he held onto her for reassurance, but even Giotto-sama had to realize just how close they were with each other.

And yet, their compromising positioning was far from her thoughts, her mind subconsciously answering his unspoken questions.

“All things always come to an end,” she murmured through hooded eyes. Was... Was Giotto-sama leaning closer or was it her imagination? “But with spring, new things will start.”

“I don’t want new things if it means losing the old.” Oh gods, with just the movement of his lips, Haru swore she felt him brush against her own. “I don’t want to lose you Haru.”

Was that... Was that terror she heard in his voice?

She snapped out of whatever trance she was in and leaned back, getting a better look of Giotto-sama’s face. There was such sadness and fear, something she had never seen before in another person. It was something she hadn’t seen even during the Byakuran incident when she had been with the others and it looked like their own futures looked bleak.

Hahi, she wanted to hit herself. How could she think of something... something so rude like as if.... as if Giotto-sama was interested in her in some other way when he was hurting like this? She was an idiot! So selfish! So... So... hahi, she didn’t even know how to name this!

She had to get her act together. Giotto-sama didn’t see her that way. He couldn’t and he wouldn’t! It was his descendants that would produce Tsuna-san in the future, after all. If anything, she had to think of herself as a security blanket for him or something... or-or a sister?

Bringing her focus back on Giotto-sama, she tried to give him a reassuring smile. “I promised Giotto-sama that I’m not going anywhere.”

“My parents said the same thing,” Giotto revealed, pressing his forehead against hers. His eyes were closed and she knew he was reliving his memories. “And winter took them away from me.”

Haru raised her hands to run her fingers through Giotto’s hair. If he took comfort by touching her, maybe if she reciprocated the actions, it would calm him. It seemed to work since it seemed like he melted under the strokes. “You were a child back then, weren’t you?”

There was a small nod.

“But Giotto-sama isn’t a child anymore.” She said firmly. “You’re older and much stronger now. If you don’t want me to leave and I don’t want to leave as well, then together, I’m sure we can make sure that we’re together in the future as well.”

Her words appeared to register in his mind and there was no response from Giotto. Instead, he tucked her head under his chin, his arms wrapped around tightly.

Haru clenched her eyes shut, trying to stop the pounding of her heart.

She was just a security blanket.

Just a security blanket.

As she tried to make herself belief those very words, Giotto looked listlessly off into the distance. There was a hard glimmer in those unnatural glowing eyes and a spark of fire flickered in the center of his wild untamed hair.

That’s right. He was no longer a child. He was much stronger and more capable than he was a few years ago. Those who wanted to take from him would not be able to without a fight. Not anymore.

Let them all try to take Haru away from him.

His jaws became set and he closed his eyes, the unnoticed flames on his hair slowly flickering away.

But he sincerely hoped it would not come to that.




::tsuzuku::



Chapter 13                                                          Chapter 15


12 comments:

  1. Agsjskdhdbjffjfj!!!! I-I-I-I-I can't believe it!! ohhh you're such a teaser!! DX they were getting closer and more could've happened after she felt his lips against hers lightly then she had to pull back!! Noooooo! But oh my goodness what happened to poor Giotto? What is Haru gonna do since she said she won't leave him but she has to go back too??!! Aaagghh! Too many questions! But aaahhhh this chapter was so suspenseful, really great, I now love Sundays because of you :) I wish you the best of luck with your writing! I really do :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @w@ yes, yes, keep pondering and getting confused. Get more sucked into the plot! Muhahaha!

      Thanks for the review, it was funny to read. xD

      Delete
  2. ASDFGHJKL SO MANY FEELS *A*
    omgggg GIOTTO COME TO ME BBY, COME TO ME <3
    the character development is good! ^^ Giotto used to seem so cheerful but now HARU HAS AFFECTED HIM :O DUMDUMDUMMM
    good job (Y)
    now to wait for TML! :D That one is my favourite haha :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 8D Yay for character development! My favorite part of reading is when characters undergo changes. Glad to know that that's also happening here.

      Delete
  3. Hello sorry for no coment your other chapters jojo i been busy with school :D! I love the chapter :D i hope there comes more action :D its geting really interesting i just love it :D!
    sorry for my english :D


    kimmi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) it's okay, I, of all people, understand what it's like when school sucks your soul away. And your English is very good. Thank you for the review!

      Delete
  4. Brilliant. The intimacy and his vulnerability...makes me wonder how it'll be when Haru realizes she is stuck there permanently and his attentions towards her aren't platonic. It will be very cute reading the courting and their marriage.

    I have so much respect for you. The pacing and development of the characters and plot are perfect. It is truly a joy to read. This chapter you out-did yourself.

    How far do you believe you can take this story? You have so much creative power here!

    I was wondering, would Reborn explain to Tsuna and Haru's family? How did he even know when clearly the information that supposedly contained all of the family's history did not? Is it passed down through some secret taction in the Vongola to ensure the wife of the Primo and mother to his heirs is protected and sent back?

    That would mean Giotto would know the truth one day right?

    Ahhhhhhhh I'm in love with your story! Thank you for the update and I hope you are well!

    Cheers,

    IWoC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @/////@ My face nearly exploded when I read your review. You are very kind with your words. I actually ended up reading this review multiple times.

      Many questions will be answered in the future, of course. So we'll just have to go along the ride for now. :) I hope I'll be able to retain your interest for that long.

      Delete
  5. I'm sorry for the errors on my previous review, I meant 'fraction'. I hate using my phone...fingers crossed that my laptop is fixed!

    And a thousand times yes. Yes I forever promise you that I will happily give you feedback and read your story no matter how long it takes. It shows how careful and thoughtful you are, when you produce such quality chapters, and I believe that we the readers should show you the same with our reviews.

    Haha I have so many queries about where you'll take this so I hope I don't annoy you too much :-P

    Soak up the praise because you deserve it. You are being so faithful continuing and I thank you for giving me something to look forward to every week. On Sunday I kept refreshing your blog lol but I'm afraid the time difference had me put out until I saw the chapter on Monday. :-)

    Right now all I want to read is a slow, burning passionate love scene between them. I blame you and the chemistry you create. All that touching is driving me mad. Hmph.

    And before I forget - I really loved your R86 stories. Wow. Makes me want more, if the inspiration is there. Of course no pressure. Heh.

    Cheers,

    IWoC (maybe I should create an account?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, it's fine. I didn't even notice your mistakes. And I'm not even going to check for them... unless there's something embarrassing, then I call for playful teasing rights! :D I hope you do get your laptop fixed soon though.

      Yay, I'm glad you plan on sticking around. That always works on giving me warm, fuzzy feelings that also motivates me in writing faster. =w= I'm glad you're showing such appreciate though. Makes me feel loved, though I also adore every review I get regardless of length. Long ones are nice to read though, in all honesty.

      And as for questions, I can't promise to answer everything. xD

      Haha, I'll try and update earlier for Genesis... as in earlier on Sunday. I want to update when it hits midnight on Saturday, but I have so many things to do or things get in the way. @__@ but someday, I'll make it work.

      :) Well, I guess you're going to remain squirming for a while because this is going to be a slow-paced fanfic. Anything more... might be a while. Who knows, I'm not even sure yet either.

      Yay! Glad you liked the R8ness. I know some people have trouble wrapping their head around it because they can only see them as mentor/student. I like to dream about crack pairings like that though. 8D maybe i'll write more if I have time in the future!

      =w= no harm in making an account. Maybe it'll inform you if I had replied to a review or not. I'm not 100% sure how this thing works.

      Thanks for another nice review. :)

      Delete
  6. ooooh! XD i like this side of giotto! woooh! giotto! don't let anything or anyone take haru away from you! XD gawsh!!

    i'm so excited on what would happen then on! XD weee! i really hate the drama and fighting and mafia thingy scenes..

    but when you are the one writing it! XD woooh! i get so damn excited! 8D XDD hahahaha

    i'm getting obsessed again! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 8D yay for Giottoness! I'm glad that you're willing to read stuff that you generally don't like! =w= makes me giddy with happiness!

      Delete