Notes

My first post on tumblr! It's the drafted sequel to 'Bargain' for Giotto x Haru that I didn't like how it turned out. I know a few were curious and now I finally have a platform to post my incompleted or 'drafted/discarded' work! :) Hopefully I'll have time to post other incompleted work or any work that I have written, but didn't have any plans on actually posting on my blog.

As for my current WIP, I'm currently working on Ambigram!

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

07. Lazy Days - Katekyo Hitman Reborn - 1886

Cloud Watching Days

Summary: Series of connecting slice-of-life one-shots concerning our favorite couple, Haru and Hibari! Their moments in time together. Hibari x Haru / 1886

My lack of KHR knowledge might make some things untrue or some characters OOC!

I don't own Katekyo Hitman Reborn!

Please forgive any mistakes, both character-wise and grammatically-wise. I don't have time to re-read or edit things.




07. Lazy Days

HappyFace1886



With the curtains all open wide, sunlight entered into the room unabashedly and Haru found herself slowly waking out of her slumber. She snuggled into the warmth of her blanket, loving the light fluffiness of her ridiculously comfy blanket that somehow also provided a decent weight that made her feel as though it was snuggling her back. However, she stilled when she saw a dark figure from the corner of her eyes.

Her brown eyes softened at the sight of Hibari sleeping, his back facing towards her. He must’ve slipped into her apartment while she’d been sleeping. Normally, the sound of the door would have woken her up immediately because it meant that Hibari was back, but he must’ve intentionally been quiet in order to not disturb her.

How long had it been since she last saw him this time? Perhaps a month or so...

The independent cloud that roamed as he wished. There was nothing that bound him so, nothing to stop him from floating away from her.

Her hand reached out in order to touch him, to grab a hold of him before he slipped away from her fingers again, but before she could reach him, her fingers curled into a fist and she pulled away.

She smiled tenderly at his back.



Hibari found himself roused from his slumber as he felt a gentle pair of lips skimming against his nape. A warm figure was pressed flush against his bare back, his blood stained shirt having been discarded before he’d slipped into bed. Arms were wrapped around his waist and he felt her nuzzle him from behind. There was only one person in this entire world who could get under his guard without him noticing, one person who could touch him so familiarly without generating a violent reaction from him. He sighed softly and touched the dainty hands that held onto him.

“You’re awake.”

“I’ve been for a while,” she murmured with her lips trailing higher until she was pressing her nose into his hair.

“Doing what exactly?” he raised an eyebrow she couldn’t see.

“Just watching you,” Haru replied playfully, her finger stroking his chest affectionately while she continued to cuddle him. How she’d missed this. She loved holding onto him like this, to feel his solid, sturdy body in her arms while she splashed his skin with kisses. Haru kissed and nipped at his neck relentlessly and felt him huff softly in amusement. She didn’t stop even as he turned around, turning her attention to his throat, peppering it with feather light kisses before she skimmed her lips over his jawline. She hovered over his lips, staring sweetly into his eyes. “Welcome home.”

A smile played his lips, their breaths mingling together as he murmured back quietly. “I’m home.”

Haru kissed him firmly on the lips before snuggling into his arms as he held onto her, her own arms wound around his chest tightly. While she loved holding him, she loved it even more when they held onto each other like this. Sometimes she wondered what went through Hibari’s head whenever she glommed onto him like a stubborn, affectionate octopus.

“You’re done with your exams,” he remarked while idly stroking her back.

“Mhm,” there was still her job with Shoichi and Spanner later, but at least her classes were temporarily over with. Ugh, though Verde-san probably left her a ‘surprise’ project too since she just finished one recently. Actually, he probably left her an even harder one since he’d know she was done with this quarter’s classes. Haru shoved the gloomy thoughts away, focusing more on Hibari’s refreshing scent and the warmth of his arms. She’d never been able to sum it up in a single word, but Hibari’s scent always reminded her of a cool spring afternoon with large, cotton-candy clouds floating lazily above in the sky.

“I’ll be in Namimori for the next few days...”

Haru’s eyes widened and she stilled in his arms.

“I’ve been away for too long. Tetsu has informed me that some pathetic herbivores have been getting too bold in the area...”

Wait, have they? Things were still as peaceful as ever at Namimori (the legend of the terrifying Prefect who haunted the grounds ensured that) and Haru would know. She’d developed a reputation for being a magnet for trouble since she started getting serious about being useful for the Vongola... or maybe it’d be more apt to say that the ‘trouble-magnet’ thing started when she officially became an ‘item’ with Hibari.

...something told her that Tetsu-san was due for a delicious chiffon cake from her.

“Is there anything you’d like to do?”

Haru looked up at him and wanted to just drown herself within the dark depth of his eyes. When they were younger, he’d have never asked such a question to her or anyone else. The fact that he would now made her want to giggle a little at how much they had grown and matured. It almost felt impossible to remember a time when they weren’t at each other’s side, even if they were physically apart from each other all the time.

...god, she was seriously lovesick with this stupid battle-maniac of a man. The urge to laugh bubbled up within her again. Instead, she smiled, shook her head, and pressed her cheek against his chest to listen to the warm lull of his heartbeat. It was a sound she'd never grow tired over. Hibari’s eyes softened ever so slightly at the sight of the affectionate gesture and he tilted his head, pressing his own cheek on the top of her head.

“Ask me later.” She murmured contently. “I just want to sleep here a little longer with you...”

To bask in the fact that he was back home with her.



::owari::




AU: ...my cold suddenly returned with a vengeance. Damn it, I thought that thing was gone by now!! I'm going to be out of commission for a while again. Dx I think I've had too many things going around with me for a while... so maybe just a little rest. @__@

If Hibari sounds a bit OOC, I’m just basing it off on him ‘maturing’ a bit and understanding that relationships are a two-way street. He can’t and won’t change who he is when it comes to doing whatever he wants, but he’s still willing to try certain things when it comes to Haru... he’s just lucky that he’s with someone like her who’s more than happy to just cuddle with him all day and doing one of his more favorite activities... napping xD

18 comments:

  1. So sweet and cute. Haru is definitely a cute octopus (*'∀'人)♥*+ and yeah Hibari is getting mature for sure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 yes, they both need to grow, after all. Thanks for the review!

      Delete
  2. It was so cute! I think my blood sugar levels went up after this (:
    I hope your cold gets better and that you don't have to suffer from it to much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay! I want Cloud Watching Days to be primarily sweet and fluffy! I'm glad I've been succeeding so far! Thank you! I'm still recovering and waiting for the day I'm fully okay! Thanks for the review!

      Delete
  3. First one to comment! It is such a great story. I hope you will make more stories like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I'm sorry. Comments aren't posted immediately because I have to sift through spam sometimes. Still, I appreciate and love that you reviewed! Thank you very much for the review! I'll do my best to post something new soon!

      Delete
  4. AGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH I'M SO SO SO SO SOOOOOO GLAD YOU'VE POSTED THIS, THIS GAVE ME LIFE! LIFE I TELL YOU, LIFE!!!!! GOB THESE TWO ARE PERFECT FOR EACH OTHER THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!

    -K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 thank you for the review! I giggled when reading this, which is something I really need because of this horrible cold, haha.

      Delete
    2. I hope you get better soon!! Your genius must not be blocked! And what is up with all these colds?! I've had this one for like a decade now!

      -K

      Delete
    3. Haha, aww, thank you. Yes, colds have been getting nasty these days! They've been lasting longer too. Dx I'm almost over mine though... so hopefully this means more updates! xD I hope your cold goes away as well!

      Delete
  5. Goodness! It was so sweet and heartwarming. I can't help smiling all through out the day. School exhaust me out but thanks, it somehow uplifts my weary soul,haha.

    Oh, they missed each other so much. Haru was all too daring showcasing her affection towards Kyoya. They are so comfortable with each others arms,haha. And Kyoya has his own way of showing his tender, loving , care for the pretty brunette. Surely, over the years they had been together it was just an ordinary thing to be lovey-dovey with each other. It's so cute,haha.

    Well, thank you so much. This is wonderful and I enjoy it pretty much. And get well soon. Goodluck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 daww, I'm glad to hear that! I hope things pick up for you at school and that it's not as stressful!

      xD Yes, you are correct! Since they've been together for a while, it's only natural for them to be more comfortable when showing affection for each other... which means that when I portray their earlier relationship, it's gonna be various shades of awkward. Muhahaha!

      I'm glad you enjoyed this! I will do my best to get better soon so that I can write more! Thank you for this lovely review! <3

      Delete
  6. Aw, it seems that I hadn't publish my comment T___T well, anyway, these little moments makes up for the big things and i love the way that kyoya would want to know what Haru wants, “Is there anything you’d like to do?” I CAN'T! HE'S JUST SO SWEET!! CINNAMON ROLL! And it's really nice that Haru is contented by having him on the bed with her. They are just so sweet! I LOVE THEM TO BITS!!

    Let me just solve this sentence. I hope I'm right hihihi

    “I’ve been away for too long. Tetsu has informed me that some pathetic herbivores have been getting too bold in the area...”

    Pathetic herbivores - boys flirting with Haru
    too bold - reckless, seems to me they dont care about their life hahaha
    Area - HARU!

    OMG HAHAHAHA

    Anyway, it's been so long but I hope you're doing great :) thanks for the updates though i haven't commented on it because of the overwhelming workloads T___T. And please take care of your health onee-chan. Fight!

    - rain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the belated reply!

      xD yes, these two are so adorable together and not to mention, so sweet now that they've matured and are past the bumbling stage. And now that they're older, Hibari is more composed when it comes to his protectiveness of Haru and not a loose, blood-thirsty maniac, haha.

      Boy, do I understand about overwhelming workloads. No worries! I'm hoping to update soon! My cold is mostly gone. Just some minor things lingering now. :D Thanks for the concern and thank you very much for the review! Take care of yourself as well!!! <3

      Delete
  7. Chilling! I like it when they are both too affectionate to each other. I know Kyoya was obviously cold, ruthless and arrogant prefect/cloud guardian and I still like him nonetheless but I love it even more when he's all too sweet for Haru. I can't help myself from grinning.

    Their slice-of-life one-shot were very much interesting since chapter one. It was so entertaining. I have so much giggles and laughs while reading this awesome fanfic. I always ended up reading it all over again. I just wanted to get enough but it seems I want more...so much more of them,hahaha. That's so weird of me. Anyway, I hope you get better soon. Thanks for this delightful 1886 fanfic. I extremely enjoy it. Waiting for more updates in the future.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. xD For me, I can easily see these two being super affectionate with each other. It's just in Haru's nature to be very loving and while Hibari may be cold, based on his personality, he'll definitely cherish the person he loves.

      xD Nah, I know what you mean. I want to write more of this too! It's just unfortunate that I got sick and then got caught up with work. Hopefully I'll be able to update soon! Unfortunately, work is still a bit on the busy end right now, haha.

      Thanks for the review!

      Delete
  8. TOO SWEETSS OMG XD
    Thankyou 4 updatee~ ♡

    -Aria

    ReplyDelete