Notes

My first post on tumblr! It's the drafted sequel to 'Bargain' for Giotto x Haru that I didn't like how it turned out. I know a few were curious and now I finally have a platform to post my incompleted or 'drafted/discarded' work! :) Hopefully I'll have time to post other incompleted work or any work that I have written, but didn't have any plans on actually posting on my blog.

As for my current WIP, I'm currently working on Ambigram!

Thursday, December 22, 2016

06. Hospital Visit - Hibari - Katekyo Hitman Reborn - 1886

Cloud Watching Days

Summary: Series of connecting slice-of-life one-shots concerning our favorite couple, Haru and Hibari! Their moments in time together. Hibari x Haru / 1886

My lack of KHR knowledge might make some things untrue or some characters OOC!

I don't own Katekyo Hitman Reborn!

Please forgive any mistakes, both character-wise and grammatically-wise. I don't have time to re-read or edit things.




06. Hospital Visit - Hibari

HappyFace1886



Haru gulped at the sight of the door in front of her. There should’ve been nothing to fear about it. It was just a plain door that led to another room! There was absolutely nothing to be nervous about it!




“Hibird?” Haru’s eyes lit up with delight when she saw the familiar feathered creature soaring down from the sky and into her waiting hands. She’d been on her way to Namimori Junior High’s rooftop. Even though Hibari-san and Hibird had disappeared for some reason, it’d felt wrong to abandon her normal routine and so, she used that area as her own private place to study alone. “You’re back!”

The bird hopped up her arm and nuzzled into her face and she giggled, returning the affectionate gesture.

“Ah, if you’re back then Hibari-san is back as well!” she exclaimed when Hibird took that moment to take flight. Haru stared at the bird in confusion and chased after him. “W-Wait, Hibird!”

The steady pace of Hibird’s flight seemed to indicate that he wanted her to follow him. Haru ended up chasing Hibird almost to the other side of town, her eyes goggling when she saw what her destination was.

The hospital?!




Haru wringed her fingers together, struggling to decide on what to do. Apparently Hibari-san had some influence within the hospital and so, the exact reason why he was in one of their rooms was unknown. Not that they’d even tell her since she wasn’t family, though they seemed more complacent when they saw Hibird perched peacefully on her shoulder. All they told her was that he was in one piece, though it seemed as though he’d been engaged in some sort of fight.

She knew Hibari-san was strong, so it made her nervous that he’d been in some sort of fight that actually landed him in the hospital. Knowing Hibari-san was nothing like Tsuna-san, Haru knew if she tried to make a joke or do something loud to cheer him up, he’d surely bite her to death.

Not to mention...




“P-Perhaps it’d be more prudent to give Hibari-san a private room?” the head nurse anxiously inquired to the doctor. Haru peered from around the corner, her ears having caught Hibari-san’s name and her curiosity taking over. “The patients are all so terrified that they’ll be roomed with Hibari-san that it’s taking them twice as long to recover!”

“Hibari-san explicitly stated that he wanted roommates...” the doctor said nervously, trying to wipe the sweat off his face discreetly.

“But he's is creating even more patients and injuries each time his roommates make even the smallest sounds!”




Haru couldn’t listen anymore. Just the sound of terror and frustration within the head nurse’s voice had been enough to make Haru regret summoning her courage to come back to this place. In her hands was a small basket filled with apples. She didn’t think Hibari-san would appreciate flowers and had decided to bring some fruit instead... and then somehow, it ended up with her bringing a knife as well because why would she just give apples without at least slicing some for the patient? That would’ve been just plain rude.

The knife made her nervous though. What if she was just giving him another weapon to toy around with?

She furiously shook her head. Hibari-san wouldn’t hurt her! Hahi, him being happy about her presence was probably a no-go, but he wouldn’t attack her... uh... right? He’d been nice enough at the rooftop, but she’d also learned early that he didn’t like being disturbed. She’d sort of found out about that the hard way...




“Hibird!” Haru squeaked as the bird accidentally knocked over a pile of paperwork that then threatened to take flight under the gentle breeze. She scrambled to catch the paper and ended up knocking some of the books over to the side. Her eyes widened and she quickly reached out with her other hand, twisting her body almost painfully and then yelping as she fell painfully to the ground with a loud ‘thud’.

She groaned in pain from the ground, only to stiffen when she felt an ominous aura in the air. Feeling cold sweat gathering in the back of her neck, she slowly turned around to see Hibari staring at her with a frown.

“Sorry!”




The look had been a simple warning, but he’d been loud and clear about his displeasure.

Haru nervously stared at the basket in her hands. Perhaps this was a bad idea. He wouldn’t like being disturbed, after all. But at the same time, she was already here. At least drop the apples off and then tell Kusakabe-san about it so that he can tell Hibari-san that the apples were for him. Wait, why didn’t she just give the apples to Kusakabe-san in the first place?!

Almost tearfully, Haru reached out for the door handle. She was here, might as well get this over with. At least she could honestly say that Miura Haru was no coward. Even if she did end up being bitten to death here, she at least did what she came here to do.

Haru opened the door and quickly slipped inside, closing the door behind her as quietly and as fast as possible lest the noise outside disturbed Hibari-san from his rest. She then whirled around, ready for the disaster at hand.

Hibird chirped almost chidingly at her behavior before taking flight, soaring in the air before landing on top of Hibari’s head. She almost yelled at the bird's bold behavior, worried that the small contact would wake the boy up. Haru almost exhaled loudly at the fact that he still seemed to be asleep. Oh thank goodness.

She clutched onto basket tightly and walked as slowly as she could to the table to drop the apples off,  her movements nearly exaggerated by how quietly she was trying to move. As soon as she was done with that, she’d high-tail it out of here. Haru placed the basket on the table and then nervously glanced to the side to make sure she hadn’t disturbed him. Her worry over the situation faded and was replaced by another concern when she saw the bandages on his face.

Hibari-san had actually gotten hit on the face... other than the cuts, she could also see the swelling and bruises on his face. She bit her lip. If he looked like that, what did the rest of him look like? She couldn’t understand what he found so thrilling about engaging in such violence. Didn’t it hurt? Didn’t it scare him?

Haru shook her head to clear her mind of the worry. No, it was none of her business. She should stop being so nosy. It'd only anger him. Besides, Hibari-san was very independent and could take care of himself.

Mouthing a ‘get well soon’ to Hibari’s slumbering form, Haru walked as quickly and quietly as she could to the door. She reached for the handle and opened it, only to quickly shut it when she heard the loud ramblings outside.

Hahi? What was that?

The door surprisingly did a good job at blocking out the cacophony of noise outside and Haru had to press her ear really hard against it to hear even a modicum of noise.

“....entire highschool football team... physical...

“...understaffed... maybe for hours...”

Haru blanched. She must’ve misheard that, right? An entire highschool football team was at the hospital to get a physical? And it’ll take hours? Haru looked behind her in horror where Hibari was sleeping with an appearance that looked deceptively peaceful.

No way!

She looked around the room, wildly trying to find a way out. The only option was the window (in her blind panic, clearly forgetting that she was currently in the 4th floor!!), but the moment she tried opening it, she saw some of the highschoolers running around outside. Opening the window meant letting that noise come inside and letting that noise inside meant waking Hibari-san up.

...she could try to open the door and slip out as quickly as she can. But what if she failed and Hibari-san woke up and ‘bit everyone to death’ because everyone outside disturbed his sleep?

Haru shook her head. She couldn’t let that happen! It was unfair to the hospital staff/patients and to Hibari-san himself! He didn’t like it when people interrupted his naps and she was being selfish if she couldn’t just wait a few hours.

She looked around for a chair and sighed internally, trying to figure out how loud the chair would be if she pulled it out from under the nearby table. Since no one really visits Hibari, the chair was still neatly put away. The risks of waking him up were there, but it would still be better than standing and since she was wearing a dress, she didn’t want to sit on the floor either.

Haru felt her muscles protesting as she, as quietly and slowly as she could, began pulling the chair from the table. Since she was in a hospital room, she began to move it without thinking until she’d settled the chair right next to Hibari’s bed. Her eyes widened at the realization. Normally when at the hospital, the point was to visit a patient, so she’d moved the chair all the way to his bed without thinking! It was too late to drag the chair around again. She didn’t want to risk waking him up!

With a muted whimper, Haru settled down on the seat, wincing when she heard the slight creaking noise. Okay, so she couldn’t move for the next few hours. That was just peachy.

It was hard to believe that her entire ridiculous behavior right now was due to this one boy in front of her.

“Hahi...” she said as quietly as possible. “Please get better soon, Hibari-san.”




Hibari’s eyes fluttered open as he woke up to one of his more restful, pleasant naps. He stretched and released a loud, satisfied yawn. There’d been absolutely no disturbances and if anything, it’d felt more relaxing than usual. Probably because this was right after an exciting match with those unusual men –he’d heard Bucking Horse calling them assassins or some other nonsense- that’d trespassed on Namimori Junior’s school ground.

He caught sight of something from the corner of his eyes and tilted his head, his expression never changing when he saw a familiar girl slumbering with her head resting on the bed. She was close enough to him that if his hand were to move, it would brush against her hair. It was the girl who came to feed Hibird during the afternoons. How had she known that he’d be here?

A quiet chirp from above made him glance upward and though he couldn’t see him, Hibari felt the slight weight on top of his head. Hibird.

“You brought her here, didn’t you?” he murmured more to himself. Hibird had probably sought Haru to get a snack and must’ve led her back to the hospital by accident. He then noticed the sliced apples on the table. Haru, in the midst of her terrifying boredom, had resorted to cutting the apples as quietly as she could without waking him.

He stared between the sleeping Haru and the apples before leaning back down on the bed. Well, this wasn’t so bad either. Even though she was closer to him than he’d normally like for another person, she wasn’t crowding him too much and she knew better than to get in his way. It wasn’t as though she was actively annoying him either while he slept. And in a way, having her here and having Hibird resting on his head, it made him feel as though he was back at the open rooftops of Namimori Junior instead of this stifling hospital room.

With that his eyes slowly closed once more as he eagerly returned to his restful nap, a small lazy smirk on his face.

Yes, this worked just fine for him.



::owari::




AU: Dedicated to that one anonymous reviewer this week. T___T Thank you for the review. This week has been tough and it really perked me up to see a review.

Here's some nice steady development for our favorite couple! xD

PS: When I say football here, I mean soccer! I don't know what compelled me to write football instead of soccer since I'm American, but it felt right for some reason.

16 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm not the anon commenter you were mentioning but since I found a way to comment I figured, why not? I have always been looking out for you work and everyday I made it a habbit to check for any reviews (please don't call me a stalker or anything!) I've been her since happyface1886 posted the first chapter of teach me love and I have been here since. Thank you for posting this, it nakes me so happy to see an update from you from time to time. Thank you so much for always making me smile. Thank you again and have a nice day! I hope you see this!

    -K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you very much! I'm happy to hear that you check everyday. If it makes it easier, right under the translation tab on the right side of the website, there's a place you can submit your email in. After that, an email will be sent to that address whenever I update! :3 Just in case that helps you!

      I'm so happy to hear that you've been following me since the very beginning. I'm so sorry that I haven't been very consistent with the updates. This year and next year, I'm hoping it'll get better! :D So far, I've been good with my updates. I'm most likely going to make another post soon, so until then~! Thank you for the review and happy holidays!

      Delete
    2. I just realized I had so many misspelled words lol, thankfully you still understood me... Anyway, I hope you have a great holiday too! And about the email thing, I don't think that's an option for phone lol but it's okay, I'm already used to checking for updates daily, it's been a part of my routine for so long that I can't stop lol

      I don't think you're inconsistent with your updates though, just as long as you update then that makes me very happy!

      Just know that no matter what there will be this one person who will always look out for your updates and support you throughout the rest of the days! Thanks again and happy holidays too!!

      -K

      Delete
    3. Haha, you should see the mistakes I have in my fanfics. I occasionally go over them when I have the time and then get mortified when I see silly little mistakes that I should have caught before posting them. OTL it happens.

      Aww, thank you very much. I'll keep that in mind! :) Hearing that makes me very happy. I've always told myself that there are probably readers out there that don't review and while I would like to say that that's okay, it's sometimes a struggle to write something when you don't know if you're really alone here or not. After all, while I like sharing things with people, it's sort of disheartening when you use your meager free time to write and post stuff like this, but you don't know if anyone is really reading it. Blogger lets me know how many people check the blog, but based on the large number of spam reviews I get, I can't tell if it's really people reading through the blog and enjoying the fanfics or spammers/bots. >__< so I really, really appreciate it when people take the time to review things, even if it's just a sentence or a word.

      Thanks again for the review and happy holidays!!

      Delete
    4. Well since I found a way to comment (it required an email lol) please do expect me to be here more often! I'll stop with the Anon stuff, please call me Coco~ it's very nice to oficially meet you!

      Delete
    5. Aww, yeah, sorry about that! I think you can review as anonymous as well, but logging in provides some perks since I think you're informed if I reply! :D Thank you very much for the reviews, Coco! It's very nice to officially meet you as well! <3

      Delete
  2. Lol you put poor Haru in such a funny situation (≧▽≦) Haru is really thoughtful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Haru is indeed very thoughtful! xD I like putting her in difficult situations like this. After all, if not for moments like this, she wouldn't have ended up with Hibari. Thanks for the review~ Happy holidays~

      Delete
  3. Wow! Thank you. While reading this cloud watching days, it drifted me off to dreamland, you know haha. I'm so jealous with Haru. I mean, with a boyfriend like Kyoya who wouldn't be? I really do love each chapter of their moments together.

    In 'The New Normal'-whoa! there he go again with his overprotective side, beating those hooligans; doing all that for Haru's sake...so endearing haha. When Haru said "Welcome Home"- Gee! it was a very heart-warming scene. At least they have a place like home where they can be at peace and cheerish each other once in a while haha.

    In the 'Afternoon Routine' I can stop myself from laughing-imagine of all the things to consider, she was too worried over that delicious tiramisu she'd planning to eat on her appreciation day. She is Haru indeed, haha. Oh! it's so chilling when Kyoya held her close to protect her from the Dino's whip. How sweet? I read it in the manga too that Haru name the bird 'Hibird'. Who knows between those years, Haru and Kyoya have a sort of..you know, moments together. How I wish?haha

    Oh my goodness! The 'Cappuccino kisses', It's so sweet for him that Haru was still on the top of his priorities even he was in the midst of his everything. Kyoya exuded his sweet and caring personality in this chapter. And I giggled so much...teasing Haru like that haha. Such a lover, haha. I was lost for a bit.

    So confident. 'Five Minutes', really?haha. Amazing! Haru's bravery and determination never falter just like in the manga. Here, she was trying to survive for him and Kyoya was doing everything to keep his Haru safe. Gosh!I felt sorry for that man. Kyoya surely bite him to death,seeing his Haru bleeding like that. I'm so happy on how they cared for each other so much.

    In 'Old Intimacies'- I love how Kyoya shows his affection and concern towards Haru though still holding his urges to comfort her is too painful for him. How he desperately trained Tsuna just to awaken his full potential in order to ensure Haru's safety and the others. Well, at least he still get the chance to hold her protectively in his hands...

    Lastly, the 'Hospital visit'- haha, I laughed so hard on how Haru was trying to hold her behavior because of him. She was perfectly aware of the consequences if his sleep was disturbed. She's being absurd actually. She was too caught in the middle,haha. I was kind of happy, that Kyoya find her presence not that bothersome anymore.

    Thank you so much. I extremely enjoy it. I'll go over again with your 1886 one shots. This holiday break gives me so much time to read and re-read you fabulous writings. No worries about school for a while. Well, hoping for more updates. You know it felt so good to get crazy over your stories sometimes. Keep it up & thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! If you’re the anonymous reviewer from Teach Me Love, then thank you very much for the review. I had a somewhat hard week because of work and seeing your review had perked me up when I thought I was going to go crazy from the mental exhaustion. @_@

      Haha, wow, this is so wonderfully long. Thank you! I actually have a word document open so that I can reply to this xD

      :) I’m glad that Kyoya is coming out to be so endearing as a boyfriend. Honestly speaking, though, it’s actually really hard on Haru. Hm... I suppose I should show some of that more in some later chapters. He’s just lucky that she’s super busy all the time to always lament on the fact that her boyfriend is never really there for her and that she’s so understanding that he’s basically a free spirit and does what he wants. At the same time, Haru really appreciates the fact that he takes the time to visit her even though, with his personality and all, he wouldn’t do that if he didn’t care. Haha, it’s difficult for me to try and juggle it all sometimes. Based on the manga, Haru is a romantic and loves all the lovey-dovey stuff that couples do. Kyoya, on the other hand, is the complete opposite of a ‘normal’ romantic and would probably give her a displeased look if she tried to get him to be traditionally lovey-dovey. Their relationship seems so perfect, though, because Cloud Watching Days focuses on the fluffy, tender moments in their lives and not the occasional drama and more upsetting moments. I felt like me, and everyone else in the world, has enough problems we’re dealing with, so the purpose of Cloud Watching Days is to just focus on the happy moments. Still, I suppose I should add a teeny bit of drama (just a little sprinkle of it), if only to show that their life isn’t perfect, but they do manage to get it together in their own little ways. That way we can appreciate the fluffy even more!!! * w *

      Cloud Watching Days is also supposed to show how their relationship gradually evolves. The beginning is mostly Haru confused and unsure of everything (i.e. are they friends? Strangers? Is she just a babysitter/pet-sitter?) while Kyoya is more nonchalant and completely unaware of a possible ‘relationship’ forming between them. It’s actually silly to think about how they eventually get together since Haru is more scared of Kyoya while Kyoya is more like ‘meh’. I was torn between making Haru more oblivious to Kyoya’s scary nature since I can also see that being a possibility, but decided on the current version of Cloud Watching Days.

      Yay! I plan on posting two more things (one of them, which will be super-duper long) during the holiday with today being one of them! Just a little short oneshot. Sorry, they won’t be 1886, but I do have more in store for 1886, so stay tuned~! I hope you enjoy the other ones posted for now! ;) Happy holidays!

      Delete
    2. No worries. Though I'm ridiculously crazy over this lovely couple 1886, I still love all your writings. It's pretty much fascinating, you know. I cannot stop myself from re-reading it again. College life is extremely onerous you know so, it's a kind of my perfect distraction,haha. I've got problems with my email add but hopefully, I can make used of it soon. Honestly, I'm still re-reading your 'Teach Me Love'. I was so entertained with it. Thank you so much.

      Delete
    3. Aww, hearing that motivates me a lot! 2017, here I come! I will blast this blog with more and more 1886!! I definitely understand the stress that college life can bring, so I'll do my best to shower you with more and more fanfics! :)

      Delete
  4. Oh my! I'm so happy you updated the'Cloud Watching days'. I've been waiting for this. It's like a christmas gift for me. Gosh! I like this chapter so much.

    Haru is really being ridiculous on her behavior. She was being too cautious to avoid unnecessary damage if Kyoya will be awaken,hahaha. She's always be the Haru I've known, caring and sweet. Just like how she showered Ipin and lambo with his affection even in the TYL, she's always like that.

    It chilled me out, imagine Haru fallen asleep beside the prefect, hahaha. Good thing, Kyoya never find her sleeping figure too annoying or bothersome. Well, at least he started to feel at ease with her presence. Wow, exciting. I can't wait what you had in store for them on the next chapter.

    Thank you. As always you never cease to surprised me again. Well, I'll be waiting for you next update then. Enjoy your Holiday. Goodluck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Merry Christmas to you!

      Haha yeah, Haru is still in the stage of trying to understand Kyoya. That's why she keeps going back and forth between being scared of making him angry while chastising herself for being unreasonable. Not to mention, deep down, she's still the stubborn, fiery girl that we know. These two, at least during this period of time, are still trying to figure each other out. :) Overtime, they'll develop the relationship shown in the first chapter!

      I figured since he was a bit accustomed to her being around and since she wasn't really bothering him, he was going to let it go for now. Kind of like how if it was a little pet or animal slumbering nearby, he'll just let it go... >w>... <w<... I'll go more into detail with that later.... much later...

      Thank you for the review and happy holidays to you as well~~~

      Delete
  5. The fact that Hibird knows and is aware of how Haru has become close to Kyoya [even though Kyoya is oblivious] is so cute! Hibird is so supportive of them!! SO CUTEEEEEEEEE!! Haru acting so nervous and worried is my favourite!! How can people not ship them?! HAHAHAHA and Kyoya-kun you do realise that she's crowding your space, right? and yet hihhihihi he doesn't mind I LOVE THEM SO MUCH! <3

    -rain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yes, Hibird is playing matchmaker! ...along with maybe some other people... >w> fufufuf... Yay! I'm glad you enjoyed this! Haru is still young and nervous around the mysterious and dangerous Kyoya, but she won't let that stop her from doing whatever she wants! At this stage, Kyoya probably sees her as harmless and so, isn't bothered by her close proximity. :D I love them a lot too! Thanks for the review~~

      Delete