Notes

My first post on tumblr! It's the drafted sequel to 'Bargain' for Giotto x Haru that I didn't like how it turned out. I know a few were curious and now I finally have a platform to post my incompleted or 'drafted/discarded' work! :) Hopefully I'll have time to post other incompleted work or any work that I have written, but didn't have any plans on actually posting on my blog.

As for my current WIP, I'm currently working on Ambigram!

Saturday, October 24, 2015

Ambigram - Katekyo Hitman Reborn - Chapter 13

Summary: AU; In where Tsuna and Xanxus grew up together, watching each other's back... where innocence was tainted since the start... One Miura Haru finds herself in a very precarious situation 2786/TsunaxHaru

My lack of KHR knowledge might make some things untrue or some characters OOC!


I don't own Katekyo Hitman Reborn!


Please forgive any mistakes, both character-wise and grammatically-wise. I don't have time to re-read or edit things.




Chapter Thirteen

HappyFace1886



The Vongola library was filled to the brim with books. One floor wasn’t enough for the amount of literature that covered the walls from top to bottom and Haru spotted a latter with wheels neatly placed at the corner of the room. For a moment, she froze with Bianchi standing behind her. Where would she even start?

Bianchi tilted her head, looking inquisitively at Haru. “Is there something in particular you’re looking for?”

“Hahi...” Haru hesitated, unsure of how Bianchi would take her reply. “Are there... Are there any books concerning the history of the Vongola? H-Haru was researching on the Vongola before she was brought her and now that she’s actually here, she was hoping to actually get some concrete answers. Most of the books she’s read talk about how feared or valiant the Vongola are.”

“If it’s the history of the Vongola, then there’s no need for books.” Bianchi murmured.

Haru’s eyes goggled at her. “Why not?”

“My family has been a part of the mafia world for many generations,” she explained, casually moving her hair over her shoulders. “You can even say that we were part of the generation that founded the mafias. Any questions regarding the Vongola, I can answer.”

The new information made Haru still and Bianchi saw the excitement practically radiating off of her. It almost made her chuckle. Haru was so free with her emotions, unlike the other members of the organization. It made it so easy to read her that the older girl almost found herself subconsciously relaxing around her. Perhaps she understood a little more of why the brat was so fixated with her.

“What’s wrong?” Bianchi inquired when she saw Haru’s excitement fade, replaced with a small frown.

“...wouldn’t you... wouldn’t you get in trouble by pervert-san?” she hadn’t forgotten how the jerk had made sure it would be difficult for her to get answers concerning the Vongola. Books and people alike, the answers had always eluded her.

Bianchi snorted. “He can try, but that doesn’t mean I’ll care.”

Haru smiled at her reply. Bianchi-san was such a strong person compared to her. She held her hands behind her back and shook her head. “It’s okay Bianchi-san. I’ll figure out everything by myself!”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes! I’ve always been good at studying and this shouldn’t be any different,” she pumped a fist enthusiastically. “I’ll be fine! Erm, but there’s no need for you to stay here with me. I won’t go anywhere else and it’ll probably be a long time until I’m done... if I even finish today, that is.”

“Take all the time you need,” Bianchi entered the room and shut the door with her foot. She sauntered over to a plush seat and dropped down on it. “I don’t mind.”

“But-!”

“Haru, you encountered one of the enemies of Vongola not so long ago. You’ve also earned the distaste of the leader of Vongola’s lead assassination team, Xanxus.” Bianchi almost chuckled when she saw how flushed Haru’s face was getting. “It’ll be better for me to stick by you for now. Who knows what other person you’ll encounter.”

Haru looked down at the floor, clearly embarrassed. “I-I’ll be in your care then!”



“Hey Enma. Enma.  ...Enma!” there was a loud growl before a pillow was chucked at the head of the red haired boy staring mindlessly into space. “Oi, loser!”

Enma yelped as the pillow caused him to topple over the couch. His face hit the coffee table in front of him before he rolled off of it and hit the couch, finally becoming prone on the floor. There was silence as all eyes were on him with the exception of Adelheid, a hand cover the look of exasperation on her face.

“What the hell!” Aoba yelled, pointing an accusing finger at Enma. “It was just a pillow! How the hell do you get hurt so badly after being hit by a pillow?”

Enma touched the welt that was forming in the middle of his forehead. “S-Sorry, I was thinking about something.”

“...it must have been something important to have you so preoccupied like that,” Kaoru murmured so quietly that Enma almost missed it. However, he did hear it and his sullen face flushed a bit as he looked away.

“It’s... It’s nothing.”

Adelheid lowered her hands and narrowed her eyes when she saw the look on Enma’s face. It was an unfamiliar one and yet... so familiar. Unfamiliar in that she had never seen Enma make that look before and familiar... because it was something she had often seen on her face many years ago.

But she had to be wrong, right? Where would Enma even have the time or opportunity for such a look to develop?

There was just no way...



Haru caught herself before she nodded off. She knew she was sleep deprived after the events that happened not so long ago. Still, the drive to know about these people she was entangled with was a lot stronger than the need to sleep. Besides, who knew what she would have this opportunity again.

There was the faint sound of the door opening and Haru saw Bianchi entering with a tray of steaming hot tea.

“Did you find what you were looking for?” Bianchi set the tray down at the corner of the desk Haru was on, the mountains of book tall on the table enough to tower over Haru’s small frame.

Haru thanked her for the tea and sighed contently at how the warmth seemed to revitalize her sleepy mind. She shook her head. “No, but I did learn a lot about the Vongola’s history. I had no idea that it began as a vigilante group! The Primo of the Famiglia must have been an amazing person!”

Bianchi’s lips curved into a smile. “Were you aware that the current Vongola heir is considered to be very similar to the Primo? I’ve even heard of whispers from people of how he might as well be considered the reincarnation of the Primo due to how parallel they are. There are even claims that they look the same.”

“Hahi!” Haru made a face. “The pervert-san and the Primo, the same? I-.” she stopped before she instinctively said something insulting about him again. Granted, she had enough experiences with him to have the right to call him names, but right now, it no longer seemed apt to call him a name based on what she knew of him so far. Especially after she had the time to digest Reborn-chan's words...

“Haru-chan?” Bianchi inquired in concern.

Haru lowered her cup of tea and stared at the dark swirling content. “Um... Bianchi-san... may I ask you something?”

“Hm?”

“How old was per-I mean... How old was Tsuna-san when he first came into the Vongola?” Haru timidly asked before rushing the words in case she caused the misunderstanding. “I-I mean, the mafia is Italian. Majority of the members here are Italian or from another European organization. From what I read, there branches out in North America and in Asia as well, but I was told that Tsuna-san is the heir. You can clearly tell that Tsuna-san is Japanese and even his name indicates that! It doesn’t make sense that so many people would willingly allow a possible outsider to become the head of an organization as old and powerful as-.”

“Calm down, Haru-chan,” Bianchi stopped her with a raised hand. She chuckled a bit when Haru seemed out of breath, breathing hard in order to calm her frayed nerves. “But you’re very perceptive to have noticed that. And very daring...”

“D-Daring?” she stammered.

Bianchi stared at Haru with half-lidded eyes. “Yes, not many would dare to question why a Japanese in the future heir of the Vongola. Tell me Haru-chan, have you read to the point of learning that the Primo set sail for Japan once he was ousted from his seat as the head?”

“H-Hahi? N-No, Haru was still looking into how the organization was f-formed and-and...” for some reason it was getting harder to speak. There was a look in Bianchi-san’s eyes that were sending shivers down her spine. Bad shivers. There was also something off about the way Bianchi-san spoke. She quickly lowered her cup onto the table in order to hide the fact that she was currently trembling. “But... it would explain why Tsuna-san is now the heir. The Primo must have formed a family once he arrived in Japan.”

“Are you not curious as to why the Primo was forced from his position?”

“I am,” Haru admitted. “But... Haru has a feeling you’ll be telling her soon enough.”

“Why is that?” Bianchi arched an eyebrow, leaning against the back of one of the sofas with the usual calm and poise Haru had seen her in. However, there were so many small details that were off about her.

“You’ve... you’ve been calling me Haru-chan since you entered the room.” Haru’s eyes clandestinely darted around the room. There had to be a way out of here without getting herself terribly hurt or knocked unconscious. “And the way you’re looking at me, are you really Bianchi-san?”

There was a light chuckle. “I suppose it makes sense that you would be so paranoid after all that you’ve been through, but I think your imagination might be getting the better of you. I just thought calling you Haru-chan would make you more comfortable around here. My apologies since it seem to have had the opposite effect.”

For a moment, Haru felt a stab of doubt. Yeah, that made sense. She was just imagining things because of how she had been attacked and nearly killed so many times. Not to mention, because of how she’d been lied to and led around by so many people. Still, there was a nagging sensation inside that told her that there was something wrong with this situation, that this Bianchi-san was different from the one who had taken care of her for the past few hours.

She kept her eyes trained on Bianchi-san’s shoes, afraid that her true feelings would be displayed all over her face if she looked up. But there was no need to worry about such a thing. Bianchi seemed to know that she hadn’t convinced Haru of anything. There was a slight sight before she ran her hand through her hair. “How sad. To think my skills have deteriorated to the point that even a mere slip of a woman such as yourself would notice.”

Haru’s fingers tightened around her cup. What was this person saying?

“But then, I suppose it might be one of the reasons why that boy is so interested in someone like you.” The soft feminine voice turned deeper, possessing a soft lilting purr that made her tense up. “You’re much more perceptive and intelligent than I had presumed.”

There was a strange wave of... power that was exuded off of Bianchi. Was that fire she saw flickering as the image of Bianchi-san’s shoes changed to more along the lines of masculine boots. She felt the temptation to look up, to find out who it was that was now trying to hurt her.

No, no, no! She had to resist. Her main priority should be finding a way out of here!

“Look at me, girl.”  There was a step forward from those boots and Haru’s insides coiled, the muscles of her arms bunching together and the tea in her cup trembled. There was a pause in a light chuckle. “Kufufufu... are you planning to throw that cup at me?”

Shit!

“S-Stay away from me?” Haru scooted out of her chair with the cup still in hand. Even if he knew what her plan was, it didn’t mean she couldn’t try it! She almost stumbled onto the ground when the chair threatened to knock her over, but she managed to move away until she was pressing her back against the wall of books.

“Do you think I’m planning on hurting you, girl?”

“Haru doesn’t know what you’re up to, but she knows better than to act friendly with a stranger who just tried to trick her,” she spat.

“Unfortunately, there’s no need for you to worry about such a thing.” He murmured softly, stilling as he smelled the unpleasant odor that could only belong to one female in the organization.

Haru must have smelt it as well, peering cautiously upward until she found herself staring at a tall man with dark tresses that were held up in a unique hairstyle on his head. He had heterchromic eyes and she was glad she didn’t dare to look him in the face. The vibrant red orb had a distinct glimmer in him that made her tremble with fear. She didn’t know who this person was, but there was a threatening air about him that frightened her. It was different from the hostile presence that Xanxus had. While Xanxus didn’t bother to contain his bloodlust to those around him, this person seemed to exude it softly, the murderous lust for blood slowly weaving itself delicately into the air until it was tightly choking the life out of its prey.

However, most of Haru’s fear faded when she saw who it was that was standing behind this scary man. Bianchi stood with her arms outstretched, her hand carrying what looked to be an odd plate that was oozing with a black miasma.

The real Bianchi-san was here.

She was saved...



::tsuzuku::


AU: ...I knocked out last night without meaning to and so, this chapter was forcibly rushed out. Have no idea if it even makes sense. Everything just sounds forced to me right now. Or maybe it's the headache. xD As the note above indicates, I'll be going over this and the previous chapter to make sure there aren't any weird contradicting lines, but the basic gist of it should be the same!

14 comments:

  1. You don't know how to feel about this chapter????

    It was awesome!!!! Or perhaps I developed a bias towards your works already :))

    I love how Haru is slowly meeting Tsuna's guardians, and how close she is to finding out the truth about Vongola. I also love how you incorporated a short segment for Enma and his famiglia. Heehee, a love triangle at work!

    I don't even know which story I look forward to more. :)) Genesis and Ambigram are just so interesting. I look forward to reading it at the end of every week! No pressure, though. :D

    Be it a new one shot or an update for your multi-chapters, either way, I know I'll love it. Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D that's good to hear! I think I was feeling a bit conflicted on how the chapter itself was written because I was in a bit of a hurry. I'll probably re-read the previous chapter and this chapter, just to see if it was written decently enough and make any changes if needed.

      Hehe, I thought it was appropriate to add Enma's part because soon or later, he'll have to make an appearance again.

      I'm glad you're enjoying both the oneshots and multi-chapter fanfics! Hearing stuff like that really motivates me into continuing! Haha, it's the reason why I haven't given up despite the years and how busy I've become.

      Thanks for continuing to read despite how on and off I've been! :)

      Delete
  2. This is so good. Please keep on updating :)
    Emma x haru x tsuna? Hehe. Dying for possessive!tsuna moments

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Enma x Haru x Tsuna? Interesting! Same here! Hopefully some come along our way. :) Thanks for the review!

      Delete
  3. You really make my week complete everytime you update hihi be it a one shot or your multi-chapter stories. Anyway, this chapter is really good although I miss Pervert-san already I love Mukuro's appearance (it is makuro, right? hehe). And oh to the m to the g omg!! I can smell the bad blood between the two heirs already haha and since giotto-sama is mentioned.. i remembered genesis haha

    I'm looking forward to Haru's meeting with the other guardians especially Kyo-kun haha my love for tandem rivals my love and thirst for TsuHaru. And that being said I feel Kyoko and Haru are going to meet each other soon (if you do include her)

    Thanks for the wonderful update! Thank you so much :*

    P.S: Can I know what country are you from? Because I, myself, is from the pacific time zone hehe

    - rain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Yay, I'm glad to hear that. And yes, it is Mukuro, the sneaky little thing. Of course he'd go around snooping where he shouldn't be.

      I'm from the U.S. Where are you from?

      Delete
    2. And that's why I love him haha

      Uhm.. I got my continent mix up with the others omg i'm sorry for the wrong information TT^TT i feel so ashamed huhu I had a terrible headache when writing my earlier comment so shame on me for mixing it up. Actually, I'm from the philippines ^_^

      -rain

      Delete
    3. Nah, it's okay. :) Oo, that's awesome! It's always amazing to hear that there are people outside of my own country reading my writing. Actually, it amazes me that there are people reading my writing and reviewing like this regardless of which country they're from. xD

      Delete
    4. Uhm well, I'm not really surprise because your works are AMAZING like really AMAZING hihi :)

      Delete
    5. Why thank you! :) you're pretty awesome yourself.

      Delete
  4. Oh my incredible, I hope so excited to genesis and ambigram kyaaaaaaaaa a love triangle
    Enma x Haru x Tsuna please have a lot of jealousy
    ONEGAI

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for updating this fic. This chapter is awesome. Now i'm curious how haru will meet hibari \(*⌒0⌒)♪

    ReplyDelete