Notes

My first post on tumblr! It's the drafted sequel to 'Bargain' for Giotto x Haru that I didn't like how it turned out. I know a few were curious and now I finally have a platform to post my incompleted or 'drafted/discarded' work! :) Hopefully I'll have time to post other incompleted work or any work that I have written, but didn't have any plans on actually posting on my blog.

As for my current WIP, I'm currently working on Ambigram!

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

03. Cappuccino Kisses - Katekyo Hitman Reborn - 1886

Cloud Watching Days

Summary: Series of connecting slice-of-life one-shots concerning our favorite couple, Haru and Hibari! Their moments in time together. Hibari x Haru / 1886

My lack of KHR knowledge might make some things untrue or some characters OOC!

I don't own Katekyo Hitman Reborn!

Please forgive any mistakes, both character-wise and grammatically-wise. I don't have time to re-read or edit things.


Chapter is dedicated to Charie Villar. Thank you for all your nice reviews. :) Reading them made me smile. I'm not sure if this chapter will live up to your expectation,  but I hope you enjoy it regardless!



03. Cappuccino Kisses

HappyFace1886



Haru bit back a whimper as she remained nearly half buried by the mountain of textbooks and stacks of paper. Her laptop was hidden underneath the furious mound and she knew her pen had long since fallen prey to the hideous, hungry beast. She’d taken over half of the table in her local café where she’d gone to study and remained oblivious to the hushed giggles and whispers of the people around her who took in the sight of the haggard looking young woman.

“Verde-san is so cruel,” she murmured quietly to herself. More than half of the work in front of her was from him while a tiny portion belonged to her classes. At this rate, she’d never get any sleep!

Something warm pressed against the side of her face from behind and Haru’s eyes flung open, her hand pressed against her cheek as she whirled around. Her shock turned into excitement and she smiled brilliantly at the person behind her. “Kyo-kun!”

A smile played on ‘Kyo-kun’s’ lips as he handed her the to-go cup of coffee. Haru grasped it with both hands and almost cried at its warmth, the complete opposite of the harsh and unyielding winds outside. Typhoon season had started and no one was spared from its wrath. The chair scrapped against the ground as he pulled it out and settled in front of her, leaning back against it as he took a sip of his own tea. “Why are you studying here?”

“Because,” she cooed more at her coffee than at the devilishly handsome man, who was fortunately not wearing a blood stained suit this time around, before her, “the bed was calling my name at home and I didn’t think I’d be able to resist its siren song.”

“How long do you plan to stay here?” he inquired, his eyes straying towards the other inhabitants who appeared startled by his appearance. A few of the women around him flushed and looked away, whispering more heatedly to one another, while some of the men scowled at having lost their chance at approaching the cute looking –yet clearly exhausted- college girl.

“Until I finish at least twenty percent of this,” Haru hummed. Though she’d learned to be more vigilant over the years due to her connection to the Vongola and her special connection of the Cloud Guardian, a combination of exhaustion and the fact that there was no actual danger made it so that she was completely unaware of the looks of interests she’d garnered. “Though I’ll be lucky to get through and recall even five percent of this. What are you doing here? I thought you were busy with work at South America.”

Hibari could vaguely remember the cries of terror and the feeble, pathetic herbivores cowering before him as they begged for forgiveness. He’d only gone there due a recent skirmish that’d occurred on Namimori grounds. Some little worms had thought it’d be a good idea to spread the drug trade into Namimori and, of course, Hibari had swiftly bitten to death the idiots who dare taint his territory before he'd gone to bite the head off of the core members in South America. However, there was no need for Haru to know such boring details. Instead, Hibari replied nonchalantly. “Business ended early.”

At that, Haru perked up. “How long will you be staying this time?”

He leaned closer across the table and lifted his hand, brushing the back of his fingers against her cheek, right underneath her clearly exhausted eyes. Hibari spoke with a regretful smile. “Not long, unfortunately.”

Haru blinked at him before smiling softly, turning her head in order to kiss his knuckles very gently. She reached up and grabbed his hand, smoothing it out so that it held the side of her face while she leaned into it. Haru could feel the hard calluses of his hands from all the battles he’d been involved in and felt comfort in the roughness of them. They were hands that could only belong to this sometimes insufferable man. “This is more than enough for me.”

He stroked her skin with his thumb with an unreadable look on his face.

“Besides,” she said with a sigh, sagging down on her chair while she released him. “I don’t think I’d have any time for you anyways. Verde-san will have my head if I don’t remember at least the majority of the readings he’s given me.”

“Don’t pass out this time,” Hibari warned, remembering the time when she’d actually lost consciousness due to overworking herself. To his surprise, though, she merely gave him an impish smile, a slight blush demurely rising on her cheeks at the memory.

“Will you come flying back for me like last time?”

There was no immediate reply as he stared at her blankly before he gave her an amused smile. The chair scrapped against the floor once more as he stood up and leaned forward, his hand gently grabbing the back of her head and pulling her forward. Haru’s eyes widened in surprise when he didn’t immediately go for a kiss, pressing his lips on her forehead instead. His lips then skimmed downward, pressing lightly on her eyelid and then her cheek, trailing lower with light, almost ticklish kisses while his hand lazily moved from her head. The touch made her shiver, her breath hitching under the onslaught of the delicate kisses.

By the end, his hand grasped her flushed face beneath her chin and lifted it towards him, his breath brushing against her lips as he whispered. “Don’t ask such silly questions.”

With that, he pulled away, leaving her face tingling under the lingering touches of his warm fingers. She stared stupidly at him as Hibari began walking away before squealing slightly to herself in mortification, her hands reaching for a random notebook to cover her face. Haru remained oblivious to the gobsmack expression of the people around her and didn’t even notice that she was holding her notebook upside down.

Stupid Kyoya! Teasing her like that!

She scowled something fierce behind her notebook, but still discreetly peered over to where Hibari was walking away. The wailing gales of the typhoon immediately breached inside the café as he opened the door. He tilted his head and met her eyes, the mirth still radiating from his dark features, before he turned to embrace the chaos that raged outside.

Haru smiled softly and shook her head with affectionate exasperation.

Stupid Kyoya.



::owari::



AN: ....after what's been happening in this world, I needed something like this...

8 comments:

  1. Wow! I was lost for words actually,hahaha. Thank you. I was indeed surprised for the dedication. It was greatly appreciated. Reading is my fashion, though it was short but enough to satisfy my day. Anything you write is just incredible.

    This chapter..'Cappuccino Kisses'.. is the perfect distraction from whats happening to our world today, to me at least. I was so mesmerized with their moments together..sweet and chilling to the bones,hahaha. My cousin said it was a 'heart stopping' scene between Haru and Kyoya..and she was head over heels,hahaha. And I totally agree with her. Hibari Kyoya's character suits him well.

    Well, a thousand thanks to you. I enjoy it so much and so with this girl seated beside me. Actually she's ruining my moments,hahaha. Honestly, it sweep my worries away. Anyway, keep it up. I'll just wait for more chapters. And thanks for updating the ambigram.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, your reviews are always so long and thoughtful that whenever I see your name pop up in my email, it makes me giddy. :) So yeah, had to thank you for your kind words! They brightened my day!

      I'm glad you and your cousin both enjoyed the chapter. Hibari and Haru's relationship right now is the only thing that's cheering me up, I think. So yeah, that's why there's so much fluff and updates for Cloud Watching Days. I'd originally intended this to just be updated sporadically when I had time, but the ideas keep popping because the premise of this is so simple and sweet.

      A thousand thanks to you as well for your lovely reviews! :D I shall do my best to update everything and post more Cloud Watching Days! :D

      Delete
  2. Aww so sweet ٩(๑´3`๑)۶ and yeah... dumb trump win. I'm not an American but I can feel their pain and my nation's economy will definitely be affected. But there is still good news Akira Amano sensei will release a rebornxeldlive artbook on 31/12 (o^^o)♪

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah for some nice news in this world. I'm not sure about the mangaka's new series, but it's always nice to have more KHR stuff out there! :D Thanks for sharing~

      Delete
  3. Your portrayal of Haru is really Haru. In the sense that I wish you co-written KHR but anyway, I just wanna hug kyoya right now. As in. He's so sweet and caring and handsome and so kyoya and handsome hihihi i love his kisses omg i wanna make him kiss me too hahaha i envy haru-chan so much. And her ignorance towards Kyoya's actions for her is so ugh hahaha of course she will be his priority HAHAHA maybe I will stay at cafe stores for now on to maybe get someone like kyo-kun hahaha and get a cappuccino kiss hihihi

    - rain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, wow, that's like one of the highest compliments a fanfic writer can get. xD This is just one interpretation of Hibari, but I can imagine him actually being very considerate towards his significant other... I suppose it's because of how he behaves towards Hibird, Roll, and to Namimori in general. If he really finds someone he cares for, I can easily see him behaving somewhat in this manner. :) And yes, Haru is very lucky for catching his eye, but I think Hibari is also very lucky to catching Haru's eye as well because she's so relaxed about his carefree habits. Others would be more frustrated, I think, because he's not the normal kind, considerate lover. :) Thanks for the review, rain, it's always nice to see your reviews! :D And I hope you find someone like Kyo-kun who will give you lots and lots of cappuccino kisses!

      Delete
    2. Update: I was not able to stay in any cafe due to the lack of money and time T____T

      Yeah, he's really considerate although he rarely shows it hihi and of course! Hibari is the luckiest on their relationship because Haru can easily find someone who will love and care for her that I hope Hibari wouldn't bite to death! HAHAHA

      Someone like Kyoya is so hard to find hahaha and I'm surrounded by jerks so I really need to work hard and have longerrrr patience for me to find someone like him and give me lots of cappuccino kisses hihihi

      -rain

      Delete
    3. Aw, there, there, I know how you feel. Why must everything cost money?!

      Haha, I'm sure Hibari shows it in his own unique way. He's lucky Haru is able to catch onto it... most of the time. xD And yes, definitely. Haru would probably easily find someone who'd adore her.

      Good luck! I hope you find someone special like that! That would be nice! :D

      Delete