Notes

My first post on tumblr! It's the drafted sequel to 'Bargain' for Giotto x Haru that I didn't like how it turned out. I know a few were curious and now I finally have a platform to post my incompleted or 'drafted/discarded' work! :) Hopefully I'll have time to post other incompleted work or any work that I have written, but didn't have any plans on actually posting on my blog.

As for my current WIP, I'm currently working on Ambigram!

Friday, December 7, 2012

Genesis - Katekyo Hitman Reborn - Chapter 16

Summary: There was a reason why Reborn got Haru involved with the Mafia. Even if she was useless to them in fights and even if she couldn't provide as much emotional strength as Kyoko, she was vital and without her, there would just be no Vongola. G86/GiottoHaru

My lack of KHR knowledge might make some things untrue or some characters OOC!


I don't own Katekyo Hitman Reborn!


Please forgive any mistakes, both character-wise and grammatically-wise. I don't have time to re-read or edit things.



Genesis: Chapter 16

HappyFace1886



“E-Eh?” Haru looked back and forth between the two males, noticing the tension in the air. “You want me to go to town? W-Why? Do you need me for something?”

Giotto then pulled her behind him. “Old man-.”

You stay out of this,” Attilio snapped firmly in Italian, his attention still on the girl. “You said you won’t run. Did you lie?”

Haru’s heart skipped a beat at those words. Did this mean she was going to find out more about Giotto-sama’s past? It made sense since Giotto was so edgy. She peered up and swore that she saw a flickering of flames on his hair. She probably didn’t imagine it since she heard a sharp intake of air from Attilio just as a fearful shiver went up Giotto’s body.

“Giotto-sama?” she asked confused.

When Giotto turned his gaze to her, the beat of her heart quickened even more.

Why was Giotto-sama so sad? So... scared?

The blonde haired boy swore under his breath in Italian before rushing out of the door, the scarf that they had tied together becoming undone from her side and trailing behind his neck as he ran.

“Did you see?” Attilio inquired.

“See?” she echoed, still confused by what was going on.

“The power of a monster,” he murmured quietly.

Haru openly gawked at him. What did he mean by that? No, that didn’t matter. Giotto-sama was hurting. She had to do something about that. Giving Attilio an angry scowl, she turned to run after Giotto-sama, only to be stopped by Attlio’s words.

“Before,” he said softly with his gaze on the ground, “you said you wouldn’t run.”

The way he spoke made Haru falter, but she quickly regained her scowl, summoning all her emotions to show just how unhappy she was. “That’s right.” She said fiercely. “I will not run.

His face snapped upward towards her, but Haru was no longer there. Moments passed before Attilio fell backwards onto his seat wearing a wry smile while a hand covered a part of his face. Though her pronunciation was awkward, the girl had clearly spoken in Italian.

He had always known that Giotto would pick up the girl’s language sooner or later, but to think that the girl would be making an effort as well. Since Giotto absorbed everything like a sponge, Attilio had assumed that the girl would take comfort in how the boy easily took up her language and leave it at that... instead, she had taken the time to try and understand his as well.

Maybe...” he began then chuckled, shaking his head. What was he thinking? That girl was just a child, an innocent child who shouldn’t be involved in something this dangerous.

No, it was impossible.

That boy’s fate was sealed.



“Giotto-sama,” Haru called out, rushing into the forest. Knowing him well enough to stay away from the well-used path, she had turned to the unruly unseen trails Giotto would always guide her through. She hadn’t committed to memory as Giotto-sama had, but she hoped she knew well enough to navigate by herself. Though what with how dark it was right now, there was no chance she would even be able to find her way back to the house. “Where are you Giotto-sama?”

Worry tore through her and Haru almost started to cry. Hahi, she had no right to cry... but that look in Giotto’s eyes... the sadness in his face... Angrily Haru smacked her cheeks together. No, no, this wasn’t the time for that.

“Giotto-sama!” she called out once more, taking a step forward. Her foot made no contact with the ground and there was a loud shriek from her as she slipped. Falling onto her backside, she slid on the softened soil quickly and when she reached the end, was sent flying forward. There was a loud squelch as she landed on the mud. “Hahi...”

“Haru?” she heard a voice whisper softly and her face shot upward, delight clear on her face at the sight of Giotto-sama up on the tree branch. Of course he would find some place with height! He always seemed to enjoy being around high places.

“Giotto-sama!” she said, hastily getting off the ground. Ignoring how messy she probably looked, Haru wiped away some of the dirt on her and when she tried to clean her face, succeeded only on smearing more of the mud around her cheeks. The solemn look faded a little on Giotto’s features when she resembled so much like the time they had been playing hide-and-seek.

He jumped down from the tree. “What are you doing here, Haru?”

“Looking for you,” she said with an unhappy frown. “Didn’t I say not to leave me behind?”

He looked startled. “I-.”

Instead of listening to him, Haru crossed her arms, looking away. “Giotto-sama lied to me.”

“Eh? I-I-,” he stammered.

“And because Giotto-sama lied, I’m now covered in mud.” She said in mock huff, motioning to how her dress was now caked in mud. “A girl is supposed to look pretty, but Attilio-san was right, I am filthy.”

“Haru is always pretty!” he said, almost yelling those words out.

At first, Haru was surprised by the fervent way he spoke, before she started laughing. The panic was clear on Giotto’s face and he was looking very flustered, but no longer was there the sadness from before. Giotto stared at her blankly before he joined in, chuckling softly.

“Giotto-sama, promise me,” she said softly as their laughter began to disperse. “Promise me that you’ll never leave me behind.”

“Haru-.”

“Will you be the one to leave me then?”

“Never!” he looked appalled by the mere suggestion.

“Then promise me,” she said firmly.

He looked at her and saw her brown eyes gazing up at him, the orbs glistening under the light of the moon. The demands she made... did she understand just how much they affected him? She was basically asking that he never leave her.

As if he could leave her... not now, not ever.

“Then promise me too, Haru,” he replied, reaching to grab her hand. He lifted their joined hands up, keeping it between them as he looked back into her eyes. “To stay by my side.”

The moment his words registered in her head, her face threatened to turn aflame.

Was this a proposal?

Did he even know what he was saying?

This was Giotto-sama she was talking about! Of course he didn’t! Or at least he didn’t understand the true implications of his words.

Her gaze then softened at what he must truly be feeling behind those words.

He didn’t want to lose anyone close to him anymore.

Haru smiled gently at him. “I will stay with Giotto-sama as long as you want me here.”



::tsuzuku::



AU: Early update because I have to study for finals. I was actually pondering if I could even update this week, but forced myself to make time for it. :D So rejoice!

I've been thinking very hard about Haru's personality here because I felt like maybe she was too mature at times... but then I decided it was for the best. I'm betting on the fact that she was forced to grow up while in the TYL arc, as one can see by how instead of just letting the fighters take over, she took the initiative to take everyone to the Kawahira Realtor Shop during the Future Final Battle Arc. She had to learn to stand by herself and to take serious consideration of problematic situations... also, there aren't enough characters for her to actually act out. xD Attilio is a no-go and it's hard to act silly around Giotto what with his situation and all, though she did have her moments. I'm sure she'll be back to her lovely silly self more in the future as more characters come in and she isn't so constrained by her environment.

Chapter 15                                                      Chapter 17

14 comments:

  1. aww omg this chapter is especially lovely!!! <3 i like the part about their vowing never to leave each other~~ DROWNING IN MY FEELS OMGGG
    good luck for your exams! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for feels! 8D Let them flow freee~!!! And thank you! :)

      Delete
  2. thanks for the early update ^^
    i think you describe haru's character well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! And I'm glad you think so. Makes me feel good. >/////<

      Delete
  3. Ohhhhhhh the ending. oh GOD the ENDING! it was soooooo freakin' sweet!! XD the little proposal they both made to each other was a heart killer! I'm so happy for this early update! I wish you the BEST OF LUCK on your finals because man I know how you feel, since winter break is coming up teachers or professors decide to cram everything! So I shall send you good luck waves ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    They will guide you to good grades!!!! :D Here's more: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Hahaha good luck you lovely writer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ~~~~~I have received the good luck waves! And I send you some your way as well!~~~~~~~~~~~ Finals can be brutal. Dx

      :D your review was fun to read. Thx for it.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for taking the time to write this chapter despite being busy with all your studies and exams. :) Really enjoy reading Genesis and soooooooooooo happy that you updated every week!!! Not many writers will do that!! Good Luck for your exams :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D it was my pleasure. I'm really glad i was able to make time for it. I try to do my best not to break my promises and when I do, I try to make up for it. @___@

      Thank you! I hope finals goes well... >__>

      Delete
  5. I'm sorry I missed your previous update. I'm back home for the holidays and it's been a busy week being worked to death by my mother - the woman insists on the house being festive. Hmph.

    I honestly enjoy Haru being mature and putting aside her hesitance with intimacy since she recognizes that pushing Giotto away physically will just end up isolating and hurting him. It's made her more sensitive.

    It's lovely to see her perspective about what is truly a perverted act changing and see she explore the comfort of touch. You know that always bugged me, how Haru quickly snapped in canon if anything untoward occurred, even if it was an accident or not intended.

    Nice job including her developing italian skills! Molto buono~

    Now I'm unsure of where to stand concerning Attilio. He called Giotto's powers that of a monster, he's being shady with unknown people and he seemingly wants to get rid of Haru yet here he is in this chapter grinning away at her persistence to stay with Giotto.

    Hmm...

    Is the scenery going to change soon? I'd love to get a glimpse of Giotto and Haru thrown into the world - they'd always rely on each other.

    How old is Giotto here? Haru is fifteen, right?

    Ah I am so curious and each update always satisfies me before leaving me with more questions! I'm burning for more.

    I do hope finals went alright and that you're having a lovely week.

    Happy Christmas!

    IWoC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Festivities are nice! :D My family doesn't really do anything so my house tends to be empty, regardless of which holiday it is.

      :) It's hard for me to ascertain certain parts of Haru since I've never really read everything. I read parts of the beginning of KHR and maybe bits and pieces of the TYL arc... though I did read all of the Enma to the ending. But yea, from what I can tell, Haru is more sensitive when it came to intimate things... I guess she's old-fashioned that way? Haha, the problem though in this situation is that her values can't be enforced since she's in a total alien setting... she has to adapt. Not to mention, she's really worried about Giotto.

      To me, Haru really cares for her friends and with that strong resolve of hers that can be compared to a true mafia members resolve, I believe she would push aside her own discomforts for the sake of the people she cares for. :) At least that's my reasoning for this fanfic and of how she must've matured while in the future.

      Oo, do you speak Italian? 8D I don't know anything and don't want to dare butcher another country's language by forcing it into this fanfic.

      Attilio is definitely a mystery. ^u^

      As for the age issue, I believe Haru is 14 during the manga and so, she is still 14 here as well. It's been addressed in chapter 1, I believe, that Giotto is the same age as Haru. :) Or that's the assumption Haru has. She hasn't asked him anything about that.

      Thank you! I hope finals will be very kind to me. >_> but the week has been lovely in that I'm getting fat from all delicious snacks I've been eating. :D better than nothing, I guess.

      Delete
  6. Score one for Haru! She told Attilio all right!
    Though I do wonder when she will figure out that Giotto actually has different implications behind his words...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. -w- the beauty and pain of this fanfic is the slowness of it. Hopefully our dense heroine will open her eyes very soon.

      Delete
  7. “I will stay with Giotto-sama as long as possible.” As long as possible? Hmm, a very cautious reply. This is why I'm in love with the way your write. Heehee

    ReplyDelete