Notes

My first post on tumblr! It's the drafted sequel to 'Bargain' for Giotto x Haru that I didn't like how it turned out. I know a few were curious and now I finally have a platform to post my incompleted or 'drafted/discarded' work! :) Hopefully I'll have time to post other incompleted work or any work that I have written, but didn't have any plans on actually posting on my blog.

As for my current WIP, I'm currently working on Ambigram!

Saturday, October 15, 2016

October Special - Katekyo Hitman Reborn - D86

Summary: The dangers of a cute young girl with... half her face melting off?!! DinoxHaru / D86

My lack of KHR knowledge might make some things untrue or some characters OOC!


I don't own Katekyo Hitman Reborn!


Please forgive any mistakes, both character-wise and grammatically-wise. I don't have time to re-read or edit things.


Dedicated to a brilliant writer, sllebswap! If you haven't checked out her work yet, please do so. She has some amazing fanfics and oneshots written up for those craving for some KHR Haru fics!!



October Special

HappyFace1886



“Boo!” there was an unmanly yelp as the infamous Haneuma of the Chiavarone Famiglia jumped at the sight of the frightening face that’d popped out from within the bushes. The older man clutched onto his pounding heart as he took in the sight of the young woman with her... skin melting off her face?! “I got you Dino-nii!”

“H-Haru?” he stammered at the sound of the familiar voice.

Haru crawled out of the bushes, a satisfied look emitting from her features despite how it looked like half of face was trying to run away from her. “That makes three now!”

“Three who?” Dino asked tentatively, half afraid of her answer and half relieved at the fact that he wasn’t the only one how’d been fooled by her surprise attack.

“Tsuna-san, the smoking jerk, and now you.” she said proudly before she looked up at him in excitement, leaning close and providing him a very close-up view of her hair-rising makeup. He felt a shudder down his spine and wondered how such a nice look girl could be transformed into looking like something so frightening. “Neh, neh, what do you think? Haru worked hard on her makeup!”

“It’s definitely... realistic,” he said with a wince. “But why are you dressing up like that, Haru-chan?”

“Because it’s Halloween!” she declared happily. “Haru read about the holiday! Apparently in America, little kids will dress up cutely and go around to homes asking for treats.” Haru clasped her hands together, a dreamy look on her face. “Ah, if only Haru could see that in person. I’m sure all those kids look really adorable in their little costumes!”

Dino watched as Haru’s shoulders then slumped.

“In Japan, it’s mostly teenagers and some adults who celebrate Halloween.” she said with a sigh. As an avid cosplayer, she certainly appreciated the fancy costumes and the amount of time and effort they put into their designs... but it was still somewhat heartbreaking that she didn’t get to see little kids running around in a carefree manner with their little tiny buckets overrun with candy. Her house would definitely run out of sweets in a short amount of time because of how she’d probably give the entire container of candy to the first child that would come across her home.

Haru was startled when a hand began to ruffling her hair. She looked up and saw Dino grinning down at her. “I’m sorry Japan doesn’t celebrate Halloween like the Americans. Italy has also been taking to celebrating Halloween, but there aren’t many children who go around trick-or-treating as well.”

“It’s okay,” Haru said with a smile of her own. “Lambo-chan and I-Pin-chan really liked my costume and both wanted to dress up as well.”

“Erm, will they be looking like you as well?” Dino asked nervously and could only wonder about the damage that would be caused by the two, admittedly, dangerous children running around and terrorizing the city. He could already see Hibari being all over it and showing no mercy over even children. And then Haru-chan would come along and... oh dear, that didn’t sound good. “Actually, why don’t I come with you?”

“Does Dino-nii want to dress up as well?” there was a brilliant sparkle in her eyes and he found himself being unable to refuse.

“Sure, why not?” he was surprised at how naturally the words tumbled out of his mouth and marveled how Haru was able to get him to agree when half of her face looked like it was falling apart. Dino found himself surrendering to the inevitable and began mentally preparing himself on giving a call to Romario, who was trailing a ways behind him, to warn him of what was to come... because if there were now four people dressed up like the undead and terrorizing innocent civilians, Hibari was definitely going to show up and a fight was going to break up no matter what. He didn’t know whether to laugh at the absurdity of it all or palm his face in exasperation. Dino stuck with the former and grinned at Haru, who smiled back excitedly at him.

“Does Dino-nii want the right or left side of his face to melt off?” she asked sweetly.



::owari::



AU: A budding love? We all have to start somewhere, haha.


If there are any specific holidays or traditions from your countries, please let me know! I'll try and see if I can write about them as well. :) Can't always be writing about the American ones, after all, when we live in such a rich and diverse world.

November

10 comments:

  1. Really cute and funny one- shot. I can definitely see this happening in the manga, it feels very much like the early chapters XD.

    Of course Haru would like Halloween- cute kids in cute costumes having fun and the opportunity to make costumes and scary make- up XD. I lol'ed imagining Haru talking to Dino with half of her face looking like it's melting; pffft XD.

    So you were inspired by sllebswap's new fic? Cool! I really loved her BelHaru fics, so I'm sure the DinoHaru is going to be good too.

    Anyway, it's to see stuff from you again! I always enjoy reading your fics; your writing style is really pleasent to read and your grasp on the characters- especially Haru- is wonderful.
    As for other holidays... well there are always the Japanese ones since that's Haru's culture... I also think that since she's so energetic and she enjoys costume- making so much, she would probably enjoy Carnaval ( the ones from Brazil and Italy/Veneza). Other than that I don't have any ideias, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad it seemed realistic enough. Trying to stay true to the character and to the story is something I work hard on. It's really difficult, so I'm glad to hear you say that it seems like something like this would happen in the manga!

      Yup, this was in dedication to sllebswap's new fic! :) I personally lean towards other characters when it comes to shipping Haru with them, but Dino and Bel are both awesome character as well... I guess I like them all? xD

      Thank you! That makes me very happy to hear. I've been struggling with my writing these days. It's not that the ideas aren't flowing... the words just seem to be coming out weird. Like I can't speak properly (more like write in this case) anymore... so reading this review really makes me happy and really motivates me into trying and even posting stuff I don't feel is up to snuff with the other work I have (and even the other stuff I'm really hating on right now). Sorry, I think I ended up ranting a bit here.

      :D I've thought of the Carnaval and might look at that in the future. Since they're Italian, it should come up eventually, after all. xD Thanks for the idea!

      Thank you for the review!

      Delete
  2. Thanks god you're back. This is so cute. I also read sllepswap fic. Normally i ship haru with hibari but her bel and dino fic are really good. So sad to hear that you had struggle writing but I'm hope you still post stuff because no matter what i still love your haru fic (*'∀'人)♥*+

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Yes! She's amazing! And thank you. I'm doing my best to overcome whatever's wrong with me right now. :') I'm just bulldozing through it now because waiting it out doesn't seem to be working. Here's to more posts in the future! :D

      Delete
  3. THANK GOODNESS YOU WROTE A DINO X HARU FANFIC!! I've been waiting since forever for anyone to attempt on writing them together as a couple or in your a budding love hihihi i love it especially you included haru's love for cosplay and stuffs!! thank you for the updates!!

    - rain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm seeing you everywhere. xD Imagine my delight when I woke up and saw like 5 reviews from you. Thank you very much! I'm happy you enjoyed this! :D If you scroll up to the top of the post, there's a link to sllebswap's fanfiction page! I believe she's writing a series of oneshots for Dino x Haru, if you're interested! Got to spread the Haru love, after all xD Thanks for the review! Since you like them together so much, I'll try to write about them some more in the future!

      Delete
    2. I'll check her/his works then. Thank youuuu. Omg that would be such an honour!! And if it fancies you maybe you can try to write Alaude x Haru I think they can make a good pair hihihi (only because he's hibari's ancestor) Hihihi or Flan? He's cute!!! Thank you so much for your efforts into updating!!

      -rain

      Delete
    3. LOL I've actually been toying with the idea of writing Alaude x Haru... the problem is trying to think of a scenario that fits for them. xD I never thought about Flan before, but I'll see if something comes to mind. And anytime. Thank you for your enthusiasm! xD It certainly gets my blood pumping into writing more, that's for sure.

      Delete
  4. I am so happy to see so many new posts! You're quite inspiring, you know? Battling through your writer's block! This was very cute haha Haru would be awesome as a makeup artist for horror films!

    Ohhhh I saw someone mentioned Carnival! Eh, that's how we spell it in the Caribbean. Um there's also Holi - festival of colours. Super fun to be a part of and sometimes your skin remains stained for a few days which is always a laugh (my face was red and pink lmao). Hope this finds you well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you! I try! I still cringe and hate some of the things I write, but I figured if I'm going to hate everything I write, might as well just write anyways. xD But the positive responses so far are very motivating. It makes me want to write more and more and more! Lol I also read somewhere that it's Haru's dream to be a costume designer or something... I think it was on wiki. Her make-up skills in the manga was also really impressive!

      Ooo, I've heard about that. My friend also told me about it and how in India, they usually use natural ingredients for the powder and so, it actually smells really nice. =w= Unfortunately, many are turning to more chemical stuff, so it's not as nice. Anywho, that's a beautiful festival! I'll try to keep that one in mind. Thank you!

      Delete